Compass Point Media Jobs
Compass Point Media is now interviewing for a part-time office manager and HTML editor who knows or can learn BASIC SEO. Common Sense and a willingness to learn about (and enjoyment of the potential of) the Web is required, along with honesty, good communication and self-management skills, and the ability to "pick up the ball" on a project so that measurable goals get done.
Actual skills that will be learned may include:
- HTML - how it works and the elements most commonly used (like this job posting)
- SEO - search engines, how they work, optimizing customer web pages
- WIKI - learn how to effectively use mediawiki for our technical documtation
- Images - resizing, cropping and rotating, minor touch-ups. If you have graphic design skills, we really need an iconographer
- CSS - improving layout and appearances in conjunction with images and icons we develop
- Working with craigslist, facebook, linkedin, twitter, flickr, youtube and our own system crumple.me
- Managing web bandwidth
- Using our own Content Managment System, CMS Bridge
- Maintaining the company website, adding articles and making them link-friendly
- Working with our affliates like the San Marcos Chamber of Commerce, KABO and others
- Learning about proposals, billing, and getting bills into QuickBooks
Hours are flexible. Telecommuting is available but you'll have to be the cream of the crop and demonstrate high proficiency for this. Contact us for further information.